Catching up with life...




Glory to Jesus Christ!



A lot has happened since my last post. Where to start... I don't know. Honestly, it's been nothing more than an emotion and spiritual roller coaster. I've been told that I seem to have undergone a transformation of sorts. I'm not entirely sure, since I'm still the same person I've always been. For those of you who might have forgotten, I'll make a short list of words I'd use to describe myself.

Spontaneous
Playful
Inappropriate
Loving
Caring
Dramatic

The words above applied to me yesterday and today. Although, since the last time I wrote, many things have happened. I won't go into detail, because it's 3:26 in the morning... and I'm sitting in the staff office at Camp Nazareth writing this.

To touch briefly on a few of my life events, I should probably mention that I spent about five weeks in Boston, MA at HCHC (Hellenic College Holy Cross) as the Media Director for the CrossRoad program. To say the least, it was absolutely epic. From the program, to my job, all aspects of the experience were great... with the exception of no air conditioning in the room I was staying in. However, I must also say that previous to Boston, I had the privilege to attend a good friends Ordination to the Diaconate. Deacon Jon is a great person, a great friend, and I know he will be a great Priest when the time comes. I suppose I could have written this chronologically, but this one will be posted without revision.

So anyway, after CrossRoad I went to Camp Nazareth for two weeks and was also the Media Director. To say the least, Camp Nazareth was equally as epic. While at camp, love seemed to be in the air. Well... at least many interests. Good for all of them, and God bless all of them.

Throughout my two weeks at Camp, I had many people (both young and old) ask me if I was going to Johnstown (where the ACROD seminary is). Most of the time I would answer with something along the lines of: "If God wills it." So I say it with a smile, but inside, I'm crying. I'm not crying out of self pity, but rather out of frustration with not knowing what I want out of life. Sure, I'm going to film school right now... and I suppose I do ok with it. Lets face it, I'm no Steven Spielberg. But who knows... maybe God has blessings for me that I could never imagine.

Regardless, I pray God have mercy on me and give me strength to persevere through the struggles of life.

But, you know, being at Camp has reminded me of why I love it so much. Camp gives me a chance to work with youth as a type of ministry. Although I'm not preaching, it's the small one-on-one conversations with campers that really seemed to make them hungry to learn more. And for that, I'm pleased. If all I do is plant a seed of how wonderful Orthodoxy is, I've done my job.

I'll miss camp... I always do. I miss the people. Clergy, staff and campers all have a place in my heart and in my prayers. I hope I have a place in theirs as well. While I don't talk to everyone as much as I wish I could, I know that there's nothing that breaks our bonds of friendship through such a wonderful place.

For now, this is it. It's 3:41 and I'm absolutely exhausted.

I love you all. God bless.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

...Well, I Suppose It Means Something.

Open-minded? Closed-minded? Brainwashed? Smart? Stupid?

A Thanksgiving Miracle